Already rocking?

ssbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
I have just a few eggs from my quail in the bator.. They've been in there for 13 days. I put some water in there a few minutes ago and noticed that 2 of the eggs were rocking. Why are they doing that so early?? I figured they might hatch late because the temp was only 95-98 for the first few days (incubating this batch was a spur of the moment idea, I just plugged the bator up without calibrating it) Now for the last couple days it's stayed at about 101 due to a heat wave we're having.

Should I just go ahead and enter lock down now?

IF THE EGGS A ROCKIN DONT COME A KNOCKIN..... OK OK SORRY I'LL BEHAVE NOW..
hide.gif

THEY MAY BE EARLY DUE TO THE HIGHER TEMPS...

PERSONALLY I SET EVERYTHING IN TURNERS OR CARTONS FOR HATCH... SO I RARELY GET TO APPRECIATE ROCKIN UNLESS ITS IN A FLOAT TEST ON OVERDUE EGGS... BUT I REALLY COULDNT RESIST POSTING THAT OPENING LINE
gig.gif

Last edited:
They can hatch as early as day 15 or as late as day 21, sometimes later. If you are hand-turning and they are in the incubator by themselves I would just stop turning them. What's your humidity at? I wouldn't want to raise it too high too soon. I've had coturnix hatch with humidity around 30% with no troubles from my own birds.

Back
Top Bottom