Alright Goat People!!! I Need Help!!! *edited with new pics pg4*

No one is saying it is superior to goats milk, but given a choice between milk replacer and whole cows milk, cows is the way to go. If I have to feed a few only bottle feeding is it more economical to use replacer if you can find a good one. I have used a no soy one that I have no problems with. But if I am just suplimenting or just one kid it is easier and they seem to do better on cows milk (then replacer)

Quote:
Congrats on your new babies.
smile.png

But I am getting him some buddies. Actually going tomorrow to see about 2 and possibly bringing the girls home.
Banding may not hurt but I don't like the idea of rotting body parts.

sickbyc.gif
That was really a mental picture I cant get out of my head now.
he.gif

Thank you on the babies, they are so cute.

I always use a homemade milk of whole cows milk, buttermilk and evaporated milk. If you need me to I will drag out the recipe. I have always had great results with it.

Oh please do post it.
smile.png

One of the girls I want to bring home tomorrow is pg.
pop.gif
And I would like to have everything prepared just in case I have to bottle feed her little ones.
The hubby said ok two getting two girls... One has a week old baby and the other is pg.
So excited! I don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight.

Congratulations on the new kid.

Just wanted to add 3 things:
1. I agree that he'll need a buddy as goats definitely get lonely without another of their kind around.
2. If he's just a pet, band him soon.
3. He's not a full pygmy...might be crossed with a nigerian dwarf. If they had any large breeds of goats you might be in for a larger goat than you thought...

Quote:
Cows milk apparently agrees with goat kids better than powdered Artificial Goat Milk, not the real thing of course.

But the OP has goat's milk...

Replacer is dreadful for any species.

I picked up my girls today.
smile.png
And we finished their house today too. I don't have a picture of their house as it was dark when we finished. They all love it and went right inside.

He probably is a mix. When I got the girls the guy said he looks to be maybe an alpine breed cross. I don't know. He is just darling and is no longer able to have kids. We will just have to wait till he is fullgrown to guess further on breeds.

These are the younger pair. Mom needs a new name. We won't be remembering the name she has now. The baby is Angel.
Dec31005.jpg

Dec31004.jpg

My son just loves them and can't leave them alone. I think I gave in and the little fella's name is Frosty.
Dec31007.jpg

This is Abigail. We look forward to seeing her kids.
love.gif

Dec31008.jpg

Dec31009.jpg

so cute they are

here is the recipe

1 gallon whole milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup buttermilk

take out about 4 cups of milk

add evaporated milk and buttermilk to the gallon jug.
fill to the top of jug with the milk you removed to jug. Mix well
you can add a tblsp of revive to first bottle of the day but I never do, or nutridrench.

Mine have never got the scours from this recipe, grow very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom