alright my micro-coop is done...and I'm not happy

rino081

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 20, 2010
Stuk between Canada and Mexico
I should be happy right? The coop, which has consumed my last 4 weekends is finally done. Yay.

Well I played hooky from work today because I got an email from Ideal saying my chicks shipped out Tuesday. I figured they be here today....That was a phone call I never got.

So I guess I'll have to play hooky tomorrow too!
woot.gif
bun.gif
tongue.gif
celebrate.gif
enough already

So instead I spent my (kid-less) day finishing the coop. Amazing what you can get done without the rugrats around. Anyways it's done. Scroll all the way down for the updated painted pics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=49390-coop-build

So about mid-day I call Ideal and ask if they can tell me when my order shipped and they said yesterday (WED). I told them about the email I got Tuesday and she said " oh yeah, we did ship out some tuesday afternoon". I said OK........can you tell my when MY chicks shipped out???? I guess not...oh well hopefully they'll be here tomorrow!

Nice lady but darn It feels like I have waited so long and I thought the wait was over! arrgh

man-o-man mee toooo.

The suspense is killing me, just want them to get here safe and if they really did ship out tuesday that would be a long time in a box with no food or water.

Oh and I reallllly wanna see the look on my little girls faces!

My 3 year old is looking over my shoulder and saw the finished pictures of your coop....he says "nice one, that needs chickens in there"....lol, at least I am teaching him well, huh?
Very nice coop...enjoy your new fuzzy-butts
smile.png

Thanks for the comments.

once it was framed it basically doubled as a playhouse for my 2 little girls. They wouldn't come out for nothin!

That was about the only way I got anything done. I didn't have to chase them around the garage they were so pre-occupied playing their new "playhouse".

I like it! 4 x 3 is a good coop size if you are just wanting a few laying hens and will let them out daily. According to the books... 4 x 3 would be 12sq feet... that is 6 or less standards (according to the book)... but life experience has shown me that between life and weather they can't always get out (or even want to somedays), so my personal rule of thumb is to half that number. If you have 12sq feet = 2sqft per bird = 6 birds... my general rule is then 3 birds would be good. But that is me.

Hope you enjoy your new little ones when they get there!!! Start searching your local public MLS... you'll get the chicken bug and need a bigger yard!

Back
Top Bottom