Alright y'all, I guess I can come out

Thank you, miss Jayne!
smile.png

Robin'sBrood :

She knows, and she didn't act the way I thought she would. Whew! Now I can tell everybody.
clap.gif

lol.png
you sound like me.​

Here is my peanut at 8 weeks, 5 days (on 9/17). Sorry it's blurry, I had to use my digital camera to take a pic of the ultrasound pic and it didn't want to focus on it.
10133_img_0008.jpg

Just so you know, I'm betting it's a girl. Congrats to you!!!! And don't worry about the age thing. I didn't get pregnant to have my last two, they're adopted but when we got them we were both 46. Running after the little ones keeps you young and I totally believe that I'm a better Mom now than I was when my first was born 33 years ago.

Robin'sBrood :

of the PREGNANCY closet and announce that I am 9 weeks, 2 days pregnant with baby #5! This was a BIG surprise. It took me about a month to be able to deal with the reality of it... I'm mean, I'll be almost 43 years old, with a 22 year old, a 17 year old, a 12 year old, and an 8 year old when this little one comes along... and my DH will be 47!
th.gif
Anyway, I saw the OB this past Thursday and she did an ultrasound. Everything looks good so far, baby's little heart was beating like crazy (over 170 bpm) and I could see it's little limbs wiggling around. She said the chance of miscarriage is less than 5% now, so I feel safe letting my secret out. Whew, it sure has been hard keeping it in!
smile.png

ep.gif
and i thought i was bad, my eldest is 10 and i m expecting! My god you really are starting over! GOOD LUCK! ...... course, the Plus side is, you have kids who can babysit....​

I had my 2nd OB appointment yesterday. She had to do a quick ultrasound because she wasn't able to get fetal heart tones with the doppler... everything still looks good, the heartbeat was 176 bpm.
smile.png

I have decided to do some 1st & 2nd trimester screening for Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). Nothing invasive, just blood tests and ultrasounds. I would not terminate this pregnancy, no matter what, but I guess it would be best to be prepared for a, how to put this, less than perfect baby. I'll have the first blood test/ultrasound done within the next two weeks. Prayers for normal results appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow how wonderful! It really is amazing when we get a shock like this, but I truely believe that things happen for a reason and they are meant to be. So enjoy your blessing and just take extra time for yourself and focus on you and your child and dont worry about what anyone else may say or think because it doesnt matter. Its your family and it was meant to be the way it is.
smile.png
CONGRATS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom