Alright you hens! This isn't funny anymore!!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Last night I posted about having too many eggs until I can get a system going and sell some.
We are trying to gather egg cartons as fast as we can. This afternoon I did what I've been doing with all the extras, I scrambled em up for the critters. Even the dogs aren't that excited about getting eggs anymore.
roll.png

Anyhow, I scrambled a dozen and fed them to the critters, go out to check things in the coop and what do I find? EIGHT more eggs to go with the four I got this morning!! My first dozen day.
They're doing it on purpose I tell you. I'm sure if I look hard enough in their coop I'll find a handbook written for chickens on how to drive your owner crazy somewhere!
barnie.gif

So tell me, is there such a thing as a forced moult?

You need to advertise that you have fresh farm eggs. People love fresh eggs. Down here where I'm at, the Czech people love the fresh farm eggs because the yolk is almost orange colored and they make homemade noodles to sell at the local stores here in town. The orange colored yolks make the noodles a beautiful color instead of whitewashed like store bought noodles. Give it a try, post an ad and start sellin' them eggs.
big_smile.png

Hey Seminole! Do you think corks would work?
hu.gif
lol.png

Yes, I plan to sell them. The problem is I don't have cartons right now and I really can't afford to order cartons till next month. Watch I'll order cartons and the hens will start their moult.
Just got off the phone after discussing it with my SO yet again. He's off tomorrow, but on Wednesday he's gonna take a few dozen to work in the cartons I do have and some signs to sell more at a discounted price IF the customer supplies the carton.
Guess I best get busy making my sign for the side of the road too.

Quote:
Nah, I already checked there. Only way I've found to get any is to order them online. My SO told me he's told everyone at the PD, the sheriff's office and city hall that we need cartons; so hopefully people will be generous.
fl.gif

Good grief! You want to see how much it would cost to ship them to you? I can spare a couple bucks... Seems kinda crazy to have order a minimum and pay all that shiopping. PM me if you like. I could about 15 or so and send them....

Back
Top Bottom