Alright you hens! This isn't funny anymore!!

Have neighbors and fiends bring you a carton or basket that you fill and give back. When they bring back the container, they get eggs. I wish I had too many eggs. I'm only getting 5-6 a day and have over 40 chickens (youngens). We just stopped buying eggs. Yeah!

i had the same problem with cartons, i get around 2 doz eggs a day from 30 layers {rir's and slw ] and sold alot of eggs butcouldent keep up with cartons UNTILL i posted a wanted add for cartons on the ' freecycle' webpage , now i have tons of cartons. if you have freecycle where you live its basicly a free giveaway thing, mite be worth checking out.

Wish I had your problem. Want to trade chickens? I got 2 yesterday.

My Delaware pullets (13) are just now beginning to lay. The 5 Welsummers and 8 Marans should start anytime.

I have 18 BO that are around a year and half old, I should be getting more than 6 eggs just from them. I do have more hens than the 18 buffs.

smile.png
Have any local restraunts that might save them for you?
yippiechickie.gif

I bought 100 cartons from eggboxes.com for $31.00 and that included shipping.

We made labels for the top and printed them onto full sheets of "label" paper.

If folks bring back their cartons, we give them $.50 off their next dozen. That keeps the cartons recycling.

Quote:
Thanks y'all for the great advice!
Hey Deb, thanks for the offer. That's very nice of you. We are headed to Hot Springs this morning - not for anything fun, unless you consider going to the nephrologist fun
sad.png
- but my SO said we can check their farm-type stores while we are there.
Why oh why can't I find a doctor that works the night shift. Mornings are so hard on me.
hit.gif

if you work in a company or your dh does you could offer your co workers half a dozen free eggs if they bring you there empty egg cartons thats what i do.

Why I wish you lived near me and your hens could tell my hens how its done. Right now I would settle for wooden eggs if they would lay them.

My girls are 6 months old and i have recieved maybe a dozen eggs all together.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom