Alrighty Women, Ladies and youngers of the two- time to get powered up

Oooo I like these. But why aren't they PINK!
I have to paint all my tool, ladders, paint brushes, ect. PINK so my dad won't "borrow" them. And then claim they were his all along.

hit.gif
I lost a lot of good tools that way, until I found the power of PINK paint.
It makes men run away!!!!
wee.gif

Now I don't feel like I'm a weirdo. My husband got me a little (cute) air compressor, nail gun, brad/finish nailer and staple gun for part of my Christmas present. Now when I want to work on things and he's not around to help, I don't have to worry about tearing up his stuff - I can tear up my own!
lol.png

Quote:
lololol!!! Tongue lashings... hahahaha.

I have to admit that when I am working on a big project its my husband who helps me. I cant lift heavy things, and I dont want to. But he's quite aware of the fact that his job in life is to lift heavy things and give me his paycheck
lol.png
. he gives me one little cell and I make a life for cripes sake, he's pretty sure it evens out
tongue.png

i still like to do most stuff myself- since he does so so much work outside the home for us. I have to build a chicken run and a goat stall and paint the barn this spring.. those are my next projects. Iam sure he'll be right by my side in thought or in person though.

Oh yea you bet I have to help lift, I am actually the one to offer the help. It is my honor to do it, heck we all need a little help sometimes, LOL when it comes to the big scary loud tools, you must gain confidence in both the tool and your ability to use it safely, once you get that down the rest is a cake walk. It does take some time and practice.

AL

Quote:
lololol!!! Tongue lashings... hahahaha.

I have to admit that when I am working on a big project its my husband who helps me. I cant lift heavy things, and I dont want to. But he's quite aware of the fact that his job in life is to lift heavy things and give me his paycheck
lol.png
. he gives me one little cell and I make a life for cripes sake, he's pretty sure it evens out
tongue.png

i still like to do most stuff myself- since he does so so much work outside the home for us. I have to build a chicken run and a goat stall and paint the barn this spring.. those are my next projects. Iam sure he'll be right by my side in thought or in person though.

Oh yea you bet I have to help lift, I am actually the one to offer the help. It is my honor to do it, heck we all need a little help sometimes, LOL when it comes to the big scary loud tools, you must gain confidence in both the tool and your ability to use it safely, once you get that down the rest is a cake walk. It does take some time and practice.

AL

I grew up with/using power tools, dad didnt have any sons until I was 8... lol. I just cant stand to hear a lady limit herself. I was never limited! look at me now! out of control wife! j/k.

i think it takes a strong man to live with a strong woman, i think I got the last decent guy out there. he's always so willing to help and do. What a great guy...

Ugh now iam getting all sappy and misty eyed.

Quote:
I am just the opposite... My dad left us this house when they moved out west for a few years... I have a feeling he will not be coming home to all the tools he left...

MUA HAHAHAAH!

Don't get those cordless things, get some real ones with cords that you don't have to recharge batteries on. My first drill was a corded black and decker, and now I got myself a corded de walt, and the more expensive one is BY FAR MUCH quieter than the cheapie and easier to use actually. You really do get what you pay for in tools! I'm the son my dad doesn't have, just the girl. LOL

I was also the son my Dad never had! And he built wood sailboats, too. So I loved tools from early on, and DH says he married me because I had more tools- and he is telling the truth.

Best ever gift? It's a tossup between the drill press and the Shun chef's knife!

What a great group of women!

The first Christmas we were married, I asked for a nail gun. My husband went to his best friend and asked "what should I do? She wants a nail gun!" His friend looked at him incredulously and said "Dude, you have it d#@&^d! Buy her the nail gun!"

And we lived happily ever after.

Back
Top Bottom