Alternative To Current Watering For Our Flock (Chickens & Turkeys)

Im not really any help at all on which one is better, but I will say I just bought 20 vertical nipples from ebay for 6 bucks, and I saw a youtube video on here somewhere yesterday that shows how to easily install them in just about everything. My favorite I think was a Dollar store pitcher, easy to clean, fill etc. So thats what Im going with for now, I figure if I hate it, Im out 7 bucks and I can give the leftovers to my chicken owning friends to try.

I just ordered one of these tonight. I have a 5 gal Rubbermaid cooler that I haven't used in years so that's what I'll use for my water source.

https://www.chickenwaterer.com/

It's a neat invention....but I don't see it filling my needs with my birds. I hope it works out for you.

Please do a review on this product once you've got some use time with it with your birds.

Thanks.

Im not really any help at all on which one is better, but I will say I just bought 20 vertical nipples from ebay for 6 bucks, and I saw a youtube video on here somewhere yesterday that shows how to easily install them in just about everything. My favorite I think was a Dollar store pitcher, easy to clean, fill etc. So thats what Im going with for now, I figure if I hate it, Im out 7 bucks and I can give the leftovers to my chicken owning friends to try.

Right on! Sounds like you got a plan with plenty of DIYs out there.

Please post up the results.

Thanks.

JUST WANTED COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES!

This BriteTap with auto fill and two nipples on sale cost $99.00 regular price $117.00 plus $20.00 shipping Total sale price $119.00.
The plus is the insulted water pail.
The down side is two vertical nipples will serve 12 to 16 birds.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/koahk.oruqn/v/vspfiles/photos/BT100-Gold-2T.jpg?1378545329

The Solway Feeders setup with auto fill and six nipples cost $86.00 includes delivery.
The plus side is six horizontal nipples will service 18 to 64 birds.
The down side is the water pail is not insulated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221377070471?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

That is $33.00 more at the sale price, to my way thinking $33.00 buys a lot of insulation.
BriteTap's 12 to 16 birds verses Solway feeders 36 to 48 birds is three times the birds serviced.
At that rate you would need three BriteTap's to serve the same number of birds.
I am sure that BriteTap is an excellent product but I just work too hard for my money.

No need to get your feathers all ruffled!

I am NOT ordering the most expensive product they offer, only the dual waterer that you twist into a Rubbermaid or Igloo water cooler at a cost of under $30 and I'm recycling an old cooler at that! I only have 2 hens and 1 rooster so I'm not interested in furnishing water for dozens and dozens and dozens, etc. btw, I "work hard for my money too" in fact, I live on a retirement check, so there! :p

Last edited:
What the heck is your avatar? Is that a Kung fu master being chased by a rooster?!

I looked at the link for the britetap waterer. I couldn't easily find info on WHY I should buy it, what's better about it, benefits, etc. So I'll ask you, why did you buy it...say over just installing nipples (vertical or horizontal) directly into your Rubbermaid container?

LOL, no the kid on my avatar is being chased by a HEN! Which should insult the kid even more. ;)

I'm buying the waterer that has 2 nipples on it and can be screwed into a Rubbermaid or Igloo beverage cooler for a cost of under $30. I'm so tired of scrubbing out poop and slime from my chickens water pans. I have a 2 gal fount and also a rubber pan that I keep filled with water but am cleaning them out every couple of days. I liked this system because it's easy for a Senior Citizen like me to install.

No need to get your feathers all ruffled!

I am NOT ordering the most expensive product they offer, only the dual waterer that you twist into a Rubbermaid or Igloo water cooler at a cost of under $30 and I'm recycling an old cooler at that! btw, I "work hard for my money too" in fact, I live on a retirement check, so there! :p

No ruffled feathers here. To explain the bold print I use it because of my failing eye sight. Just wanted to compare the two. Quit often we all see what seems to be a bargain until we get it. I once ordered a bug killer that said it would kill any and all bugs instantly. A bargain at $10.00. So I ordered it when it arrived I opened with wide eyed anticipation. Turned out to be two blocks of wood with X on each that said place bug here and and slam the X blocks together. LOL $10.00 well spent wouldn't you say I still have to laugh after 50 years.

No ruffled feathers here. To explain the bold print I use it because of my failing eye sight. Just wanted to compare the two. Quit often we all see what seems to be a bargain until we get it. I once ordered a bug killer that said it would kill any and all bugs instantly. A bargain at $10.00. So I ordered it when it arrived I opened with wide eyed anticipation. Turned out to be two blocks of wood with X on each that said place bug here and and slam the X blocks together. LOL $10.00 well spent wouldn't you say I still have to laugh after 50 years.

This statement on the bottom of my order makes me feel secure enough if I'm not happy with their product......

~~We're so sure you'll love your BriteTap waterer that we'll give your money back if you're not fully satisfied. Just return it to us within 30 days of the delivery date and we'll give you a refund on your product purchase. No questions asked.~~

This statement on the bottom of my order makes me feel secure enough if I'm not happy with their product......

~~We're so sure you'll love your BriteTap waterer that we'll give your money back if you're not fully satisfied. Just return it to us within 30 days of the delivery date and we'll give you a refund on your product purchase. No questions asked.~~

As I said I am sure they have a quality product. That's a good warranty it certainly speaks to that. Solway offers 100% satisfaction so I guess that's a wash. I hope it all works out what did you think of my bug killer story it's true.

Back
Top Bottom