Alternatives to Sweet PDZ for poop boards

Toothpick

Songster
7 Years
Aug 15, 2016
TN
Hello all,

My local Tractor Supply has been out of Sweet PDZ for a couple months now. They don’t know when they will get more and say it’s a suppliers shortage. I’ve been using pine shavings for the poop boards but I don’t like it.

What other alternatives could I use that would do the same as Sweet PDZ? I use a cat litter scoop to sift the droppings out.

Thanks!

Hello all,

My local Tractor Supply has been out of Sweet PDZ for a couple months now. They don’t know when they will get more and say it’s a suppliers shortage. I’ve been using pine shavings for the poop boards but I don’t like it.

What other alternatives could I use that would do the same as Sweet PDZ? I use a cat litter scoop to sift the droppings out.

Thanks!
You can use just plain washed concrete sand or any sand that is not too fine.
Do you have any horse supply stores near you? They may sell PDZ or Stall Dry, which is the same thing.

They don’t know when they will get more and say it’s a suppliers shortage.
That's interesting.

Play sand might be a better option, sand for concrete is very sharp. Dunno why cheap kitty litter would not work... it's just clay. Or sawdust even...JT
Not sure that kind of 'sharp' is enough to hurt the chickens, sure makes a stronger concrete. Wouldn't use clay. Sawdust might work good.
Nothing beats granulated zeolite tho.

My local feed store orders PDZ for me it comes in 40 pound bags for about $16, you might check to see if your local feed stores can get it. JT
My mill guy usually has these larger bags for me...says he can't find it.
Suspected he didn't want to buy a skid as I'm the only one who buys it.

Thanks folks. I’ll check the co-op and feed store in town. Didn’t even think of those. That’s what y’all are for!

I would order it online ship to store, free pick up and see what happens. I was at my TSC today and they had some. I have 4 bags in my shed, so I didn't get any. I usually buy a couple bags when it's on sale, this way I never run out.

Back
Top Bottom