Alternatives to sweeter heater?

BlackBrookPoultry

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Western Wisconsin
I'm looking for something similar to the sweeter heater to sell at the Country store I work at. I sell over 8,000 chicks in the spring, many of them layers and many people are heating coops with 250 watt red bulbs. I have had a coop burn to the ground as a result of using heat lamps, so I'm trying to get people to use something safer.
I called sweeter heater to see about getting a wholesale account and carrying their product, and I got a flat out "no". If I remember right, there was someone within an hour of me that was a dealer. But it's ok to sell on Amazon, Stromberg's, my pet chicken . . .
I'm so annoyed with the situation that I don't even want to buy one myself and support their business. There's got to be something similar out there . . .

Are you specifically looking for something that is a radiant heat source like the sweeter heater, or would contact heat be okay? If contact heat is fine, you could contact Premier1 about their heat plates and see if they would work with you, or perhaps Brinsea (though the EcoGlow is twice as expensive).

I agree with @Pyxis; I would suggest Premier. I have theirs, and really like it... plus the price is right. I don't know if they wholesale but it's worth asking. I have always found them great to work with.

I have found a couple other options, but they don't come big enough. The 40" on a wall mounted sweeter heater is really nice to put in front of the perches to take the edge off in winter. Other products I've looked at are much smaller.

Back
Top Bottom