Am I a boy or girl? Muscovy gender help please!

featherfinder

Runner Lover
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Pinallas Park, Florida
Always thought a girl but not really sure. This is my only muscovy and it hisses alot. I never hear trills anymore like i use to. Also has the feather mohawk on top of the head when she hisses.

The females will usually peep or honk if someone -another duck grabs their tail feathers ;-) The carnuncling and the BIG feet look like a male to me too. I have 5 females and one male POHI .. he is twice as big as the girls and hisses . Very protective. He has a disability - his wing is malformed.. Hence POHI.. physically or otherwise health impaired. ;-) He is a great duck too! You will LOVE your Muscovy.. they are SO MUCH more quiet and reserved than say the Swedish blue who sounds like a foghorn ALL of the time.

The females will usually peep or honk if someone -another duck grabs their tail feathers ;-) The carnuncling and the BIG feet look like a male to me too. I have 5 females and one male POHI .. he is twice as big as the girls and hisses . Very protective. He has a disability - his wing is malformed.. Hence POHI.. physically or otherwise health impaired. ;-) He is a great duck too! You will LOVE your Muscovy.. they are SO MUCH more quiet and reserved than say the Swedish blue who sounds like a foghorn ALL of the time.

All my other ducks are runners and i have 1 black swedish drake. I do love Gizmo but he needs to go to a new home. He was a rescue so to say and now that he is being mean to all the other duckies and pulling feathers i can not keep him around. But also wanted to know if i had a drake or a girl. You are right and he is a great duck, my most friendliest actually just also the most aggressive with my others...

Always thought a girl but not really sure. This is my only muscovy and it hisses alot. I never hear trills anymore like i use to. Also has the feather mohawk on top of the head when she hisses.

EWWW, look at all those... those... THOSE... RED THINGS
tongue.gif
sickbyc.gif
..... S/he is still a cutie
love.gif

Those "red things" are crauncles and they are adorable. You have to have a special love for muscovies. They are one of the best breeds for pets.
Your drake is adorable especially because he has crauncles.

i know they are caruncles, its just a inside joke with me and featherfinder......

personally i think muscovies have a face only a mother could love :/......... her drake is still cute....

I have 5 hens here, they make quite a few noises BUT only my drakes hiss.. the 'mo hawk' i find while the drakes do that the most(especially my young blacks ones) some hens will to, i have one that does so that really IME isn't a gender thing.. the vocals most certainly are...

Back
Top Bottom