Am I a cruel mother??

gig.gif
sounds like something my family would do!

But we eat raw dough and batter whenever it's around (we use eggs from my birds, so no fear of salmonella) so I don't think that anyone would buy it around here.
lol.png

Been at least 5 generations in my family that would and have done this. It's the perks of being mom.

BTW Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli are at the top of the list around here. I think it's the way something is prepared or presented. I get "no's" to corn and "YEAH" to broccoli. Much happier that that's the case with most of my family including the grandkids.

The only thing that is cruel is that there wasn't video and audio so that we could see and hear.
lau.gif

Now we have to suffer and only imagine the look on your kid's face when you told him about the worms.
lau.gif

This would have been a great AFV (America's Funniest Video).

Lol!! I have a boatload of those lessons that have stuck with me for life!
gig.gif

If you hang your toes out of the boat, Pike will swim up and eat them

White chicken meat is bad for kids and is for grown ups only (
lol.png
)

If you drink lake water pollywogs will grow in your belly

Etc etc etc
big_smile.png

Once as a joke, my dadd ate a spoonful of raw hamburger right in front of my sister and told her it was delicious. (He winked at me.) We were just kids and I watched as she eagerly spooned the raw hamburger into her mouth, made a horrible look of disgust, and spit it out in the trash!

It was hilarious! (That was before you had to worry about mad cow or whatever).

Another time, my mom had boiled a chicken, and she didn't have anything to put the broth in, but a pitcher we used for lemonade and such. She would put it in the fridge, so the fat could rise to the top and then she could remove the fat. Anyhow, both my dad and my sister came home, it was very hot, the chicken fat broth looked like lemonade, and they BOTH (at different times) drank the chicken fat!

IT WAS HYSTERICAL! (I just watched that time too...)

wink.png
lau.gif

I have told my kids that if they didnt stop picking their nose one time they were going to catch the optic nerve for their eyes and they will pull their eye(s) out of the socket needing an operation to fix.... (giving that I am a nurse they totally bought it)

I have told my kids that if they didnt stop playing with their belly buttons their bum will fall off... (my hubby has the flattest bum I have ever seen so its the joke your bum will look like dads)

I have also told the worms and raw cookie dough story...

I have told my kids the no swimming for 30 minutes after you eat... but I went one further and said that was an American rule and we are in Canada so for us its an hour...

did I lie to them..... YEP darn toootin...

but by the age of 10 or so they get the look in their eye asking "for real"... and we fess up... are they going to need therapy from it... No probably not... what will make them need therapy is all the other things that they have seen on TV or read/heard in the news...

never mind the mixed messages garbage... there is a difference between joking/sarcasm... and lying that you didnt take the knife to the table and carve your name... one is serious and one is not...

Oh and another one... my kids thought I had magic powers cause i would wave my hand at the car and it would start.... what they didnt know was the car starter was in my other hand

they thought i could read minds cause i always knew what they were talking about upstairs... its cause the baby monitor picked up everything...

I always told my kids that people like to poison the SweetTarts in the Halloween candy and so it must always be taste tested by Mom....to this day the boys will give me the SweetTarts out of any mixed candy they may have.

Such things are memories made of......
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom