Am I a 'he' or a 'she' and am I still a muscovy!

Quote:
Not in muscovys no drake feather at all very little difference in voice, the small eye ring suggests female but is not conclusive .

well 'she' seems to be the most common guess so far!! which isn't a bad thing.... A few local breeders are selling some nice males!

What do I call her colouring?

I reallllllyyy hoped that I'd have her in her new home this evening.... but not getting the hubby outside until 3pm delayed progress. We will try for tomorrow
big_smile.png

bronze pied! i soft drink can in the photo next to the bird can be helpful for people to get a gauge in the size of the bird(not always easy). i'll admit i intitially thought drake in the first pic because if the length of its neck, then i saw the shell pool to measure up its size and now think its a girl, it has nice big legs if so, usually a good sign that it will be a decent sized duck.

here's a drake at 13 weeks

sfumneboy13weeks.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2723.jpg

My girl is the exact same age!
smile.png

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

I got her on November 19th - but she was 2 months old when I got her.. She's around 3 1/2 months now. She was much smaller than her brothers. That's how you were able to tell.

IMG_1399.jpg

Here she is when I first got her
IMG_1429.jpg

I think you have a girl!

thanks for letting me know that it is a bronze pied ian. I have heard that you are some sort or a muscovy colour expert
big_smile.png

I'll try and get a few good comparative photos of the duck tomorrow. Maybe with a coke can or something as suggested!

Your girl is very sweet aoxa! Wish I could stick mine next to yours in real life for a comparison! lol

So I suppose chicken math extends to ducks? Because if I'm not confident whether it is a 'he' or a 'she'... then I have the excuse that I 'need' more ducks to compare. That means the extra ducks don't count..... right?

I am going to go against everyone else's guess and say male. Those are some pretty red caruncles starting to develop for a female of that age. Look at Aoxa's female, same size caruncles but no color and then at ian4379's male, very red caruncles.

Also, unless the kiddie pool in the pic is 3" high, it is very large for a female.
lol.png
My pool is about 8-10" tall and my 7 month female has to perch on the edge to get her head in.

But I am still new to muscovy so
hu.gif
Very nice looking though.

Back
Top Bottom