Am I a 'he' or a 'she' and am I still a muscovy!

I think HE is very good looking... and a Muscovy for sure!

I think male because of the THICK LEGS.....
look back at those legs again and see if you don't change your mind...
I did think girl at first due to that pretty face but now I think he is a boy!?

Last edited:
Quote:
i was thinking about this over night regarding the kiddie pool, there are small ones and big ones! lol im still hanging onto the fence on this one, photo's are hard sometimes.

chookn, i'm no expert thats for sure! i just learnt how to use the colour calculator and looked at a tonne of photo's online:D

Quote:
I think I kinda agree with you. I am no expert though and it is hard to tell in pictures. But your ducky is cute!!

and FYI my muscovy drake flies just as well as my hens.

I'm sorta leaning towards hen the head "looks" girly.. i admit the thicker leg.. is a question mark however i have hens here with pretty substantial leg thickness as well. You also said you heard a honk? that is a female sound.. my males make numerous noises but none could ever be mistaken as a honk/quack etc..

Here is one my hens.. notice her thick leg.. it's still less substantial than all the boys here..

IMG_1803.jpg

Last edited:
SoOoO in love with my duck. Moved he/she into the new pen today and it was so lovely to watch. Silly bugger sat in the clam pond watching the world go by for hours.... imagine what it will think when I let it out on the dam!

Some more pictures to add to the debate. Added a can for comparison as suggested. It's not a coke can.. but same size
wink.png

duckcan.jpg

Can comparison

duckclam.jpg

Clam comparison

ducktop.jpg

From the top

duckfront.jpg

From the front

duckflap.jpg

In a flap

love.gif

At 3 months of age I was still not sure about my Muscovy drake, until I posted a pic of him stretching and someone caught site of his leg, and said it looked like a tree stump, so I'm thinking the jury may still be out on yours. Keep posting pics every so often so we can see how he/she changes.

Back
Top Bottom