Am I an EE chick?

raindrop

Songster
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
Western Oregon
I ordered 2 EE pullets from Ideal. One is a chipmunk chick, with greenish legs and little tufts on its cheeks. I thought one of the other chipmunk chicks I got was the other one, just without the fluffy cheeks. I got an "extra" chick, and thought it was an extra BO since I had 3 yellow ones that obviously weren't favorelles.

Then I took a closer look at one of the yellow chicks and saw this:

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

She has greenish legs, fluffy cheeks, and is starting to get darker smudges of fluff on her head and back. Her little wing feathers are whiter then the BO chicks.

If she is an EE, then I need to count toes on my chipmunk chicks more closely to see if I got an extra Dorking or an extra Speckled Sussex.

Thanks all!

Gosh, when I got mine from the feed store they must have already been several days old b/c you could CLEARLY see the puffy cheeks on them...how old is this chick...I would think *maybe* she is one b/c she does look similar to my girls (from Ideal as well).

I had a couple EE chicks that looked like her, they grew up to be white with green legs or alien legs as i call it lol.

You never know what they will grow up to look like. EE are little mystery bundles of fluff. I bought 4 that looked like chipmunk, 1 that looked grey. The grey one became creamy with tan patches. Out of the chipmunks, 2 could be almost twins that have marbly grey feathering, 1 looks black/bircheny with a white head ( she was the darkest chipmunk ), 1 is autumn colored and the only one with actual muffs and beard ( named that one autumn, 'cause I am original ). All have grey/dark grey legs. No green legs. 2 lay a pretty blue, 1 a light army green, and 1 a teal egg.

You never know what they will grow up to look like. EE are little mystery bundles of fluff. I bought 4 that looked like chipmunk, 1 that looked grey. The grey one became creamy with tan patches. Out of the chipmunks, 2 could be almost twins that have marbly grey feathering, 1 looks black/bircheny with a white head ( she was the darkest chipmunk ), 1 is autumn colored and the only one with actual muffs and beard ( named that one autumn, 'cause I am original ). All have grey/dark grey legs. No green legs. 2 lay a pretty blue, 1 a light army green, and 1 a teal egg.
This thread is 13 years old. :)

Back
Top Bottom