Am I crazy?!?!

We are not crazy...we just know how to remain sane.

My DH has asked me NOT to call him at work every hour just to tell him what the chickies have been doing. He says they are cute and all, but he really needs to get his work done.
D.gif

Even my kids think I talk chickies way tooooo much.
jumpy.gif

I think we are all in "therapy" here together. :lol:What better way to enjoy God's creation and the beauty of life in observing the feel of a newborn chick under a broody hen and the little pips coming from the eggs and seeing the little fuzzy butts dash after a bug. We have our chairs where we watch ours also !!! It is never a dull moment and bless all the DH and DW that put up with all of us too !!
smile.png

Yep, I've gone over the deep edge big time!! I have the chair by the run, and they come inside at night so the big bad mosquitos don't get them!!!
lol.png
Watching them is a lot of fun, and it's the first thing my kids do when they get home from school. I'm raising the next batch of addicts!!!
wink.png
Steph

Thanks everyone! I feel a bit more sane, even if my DH and children think otherwise!
lol.png

Sometimes during the day my DH will call from work and ask what mom's doing. My kids just answer, "Oh, she's just getting her chicken time in". They all think I'm crazy! My 16 year-old told me I was just this morning. Oh well! Maybe they're all the crazy ones for not understanding!!!
lol.png

We have chairs out at the coop too, and a little table for our glasses of wine. My DH said chickens are better than TV, and I agree.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I thought that chicks were our therapy. At least that is what I have told everyone, I have camled down a lot. And I would love to be able to sit outside for a couple of ours and watch them act silly. My chicks are not feathered all the way but I have put the outside in thier playpen everyday before I come to work and they seem to love it better than being in there temporary home "brooder". So if we are CRAZY then I LOVE IT.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Ocassionally I will look out the window and see my 7-week olds in the chair I keep in their run. I have to scrub it off before I can use it. But they seem to enjoy it, all seven will pile up there in it together, so I don't have the heart to take it out to keep it clean for me. It makes good shade for them, too.

Back
Top Bottom