Am I Doing This Correctly? Pic added

Pics
@Wyorp Rock So should I go ahead and start her on them when they arrive? She seems well otherwise.
That would be up to you.
If she seems o.k. for the moment, then I would be hesitant to treat. If she has any other troubles, then I would start a round of antibiotics.

Still no egg from Iris.

In fact, only 1 egg today from Poppy, my BO. I think they are mad because I switched up the run, opened one of the new nesting boxes, and put in a second feeder.

Just to be cautious, I inspected them for parasites. I don't see anything, and that leads me to believe it's stress related. I also checked around the yard in case they decided to lay elsewhere. Nothing. Huh.
:idunno

Still no egg from Iris.

In fact, only 1 egg today from Poppy, my BO. I think they are mad because I switched up the run, opened one of the new nesting boxes, and put in a second feeder.

Just to be cautious, I inspected them for parasites. I don't see anything, and that leads me to believe it's stress related. I also checked around the yard in case they decided to lay elsewhere. Nothing. Huh.
:idunno
Did you make them mad?! It could be stress related if you changed things up a bit, they don't like it when you mess up their routine, but usually they adapt quickly.

I *might* have gotten an Iris egg finally. I can usually tell my girls' eggs apart, but my BO has gone broody. I finally took her off the nest and found 6 eggs under her. One of them looked like it might have been from Iris. I'm moving my BO into the isolation pen to "break" her tomorrow (too dark now, and I just got home from work). I will be able to keep an eye on who's laying what tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom