Am I doing this correctly?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by joletabey, Apr 15, 2009.

1. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    OK, I am new- somehow I have not been able to discover where the instructions are that tell me how to join in posting messages- I am admittedly not the most computer literate person out there!
    However, I gather I am supposed to introduce myself?
    Have Arabian horses, have cats, and the neighbor's chickens range my yard and gardens, and I have fallen in love- one of them has started sleeping up in the rafters of my horse barn- my neighbor is OK with it, believe me, I called her to find out if it was ok that they spent so much time at my place.
    They help me garden - well, they scratch out the small weeds and wait for me to dig up worms and bugs. I am considering getting my own and am researching to find chickens that are pretty, docile, cold hardy, good egg producers and different than my neighbors - so far I think Australorps, Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Easter Eggers.
    So, did I do this right?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    [​IMG] from graham, nc, and i love my black australops, and will have some more chicks (NHReds and Black Australops) for sale on may 1st. william

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG] from Montana

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG] from Montana
    Ooopps....sorry for the double post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  5. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Welome,

and Yes you did right.

You will love the site and learn all you want to know.

Enjoy yourself.

Jena.
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. applefalls

applefalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Cockeysville, MD
    Looks like you did the tech stuff the right way. It is easy to get lost on this site, isn't it?

I found lots of helpful advice under the Frequently Asked Questions part of the Index (the index is listed in the blue bar at the top of each page).

I have Easter Eggers and Plymouth Rocks, both of which are supposed to be winter-hardy and sweet. (Mine are still young; time will tell!)

Welcome!

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from NC

9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Thank you for the welcomes! William - tell me about your Australorps! I am not yet set up, need a coop, etc. I also will probably want to look for pullets that are just getting to the laying age- I have to work and am gone 8 hours M-F. . . .too scared to get sweet little chicks if I am not there to guard their every silly movement.
    Someone said they had Easter Eggers- none of the pictures I have seen seem to look like the others-what DO they usually look like?
    Thanks again!
    Beth

10. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    Hi,[​IMG], from Ga.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by