Am i feeding too little? Or too much?

Obyli

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
California Torrance
I get a all star pellet in my local feed store which cost me 17.50$ per 50lb. I have 4 silkies and 2 leghorns 1 roo and 1 hen and also 4 ducks. The 50lb last around 4 weeks or so. So thats around 2lb per day for them. Is that enough? I also let them free range so they can catch what ever there is on the grass/dirt.

There should be enough that there's always feed available. The feed is formulated to be a balanced diet. We never know what they get outside and want to make sure they get what they need. bok.

I free feed. That means the feed dish always has more in it than they can eat. I have 10 pullets and a 50# bag lasts me about a month right now.
Mine get treats times a week (watermelon and such) and scratch everyday so that supplements them some.

I also feed them yogurt once per 2 days sometimes rice and corn mix together. If i free feed ducks + chickens will finish 50lb in a week.

I feed enough there's still a little left 24 hours later. Really, they don't overeat as a rule. If they have food available, they'll self-regulate.

Back
Top Bottom