Am I going to be okay with 8 baby chicks or will I want more?

Do you want to get into the egg business? Do you just want eggs for yourself/family? Unless you have a big family 8 hens should give you enough eggs to feed your family and a few to sell. Try not to go overboard this year.

I think when I'm older ill want to he more more into the egg business right now I jus don't know how to get more customers

You will definately want more!!! We started with 2 bantam chicks in April then bought 2 Black sex links, 1 rooster, and 5 RIR. Then we got 10 more, then 2, and now I have eggs in the incubator and just bought 6 chicks from TSC yesterday! I think I am becoming a chicken holic!! LOL!
big_smile.png

With my experience, you will definitely want more! 8 chickens is a good start, but i'm guessing by next year you may have more than that.
I have 15 chickens right now, and i'm getting 10 more in May. I'm also thinking about expanding my coop so I can also let my Buff Orpingtons brood this year again. I always get two broody hens every summer. I have for the last two years! Chickens are a very addicting animal, so be prepared to get more! If you are making your own coop for you chickens, I would make it bigger than you need, because you will most likely end up with more chickens. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom