Am I Incubating Right?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FarmerBoy24, Nov 29, 2010.

1. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Hello,

I am incubating some eggs and want to know some tips about using the little giant still air 9200 incubator!!! The temp is 99.5-101 I candled the eggs and I see veins. When candleing how should I hold the eggs?? What is the right humidity level? AND JUST DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS ON INCUBATING CHICKENS!!!

Thanks So Much

William

2. avoight606

avoight606 New Egg

Nov 19, 2010
    Saint Michael MN
    The temp is correct YAY! I have some eggs in my little giant still air incubator right now too(my first hatch)... their on day #5 humidity should be at 50% till lock down which is the last 3 days of incubation you should increase the humidity to 70-75% so the egg doesnt stick to them. Good Luck on your hatch!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

No one will agree on what is the right humidity. If you ask 50 pros you will get 50 different answers.

Here's a little incite on why. http://cmfarm.us/ventilation.html

I
    think its best to run low rather than high for the first 18 days an high rather than low the last 3.

Say 30% then 75%.

4. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    I use the little giant incubator and I love it [​IMG] I've had very good hatches. Honastly, it does not really matter how you hold the egg. Just be gentle. Be sure to turn them 3 times a day. Don't turn them 2 times a day it needs to be an odd number. And keep water in the bator and I always have a note pad and keep track of ANYTHING I do with the eggs. If I candle them - I write it down on the note pad. It helps me keep track, and I also write down what the date I put them in the incubator was, when they're supposed to hatch, and when I should stop turning them.
    good luck with hatching! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by