Am i overreacting

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gcjbabbott, Nov 9, 2011.

1. gcjbabbott

gcjbabbott Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2011
    monroe
    Me and DH bought our home six years ago it was a wooded lot and we worked very hard to clear it , then found out the house next door is a rental ,well we got new neighbors 2 weeks ago , we have waved and said hi but they just turn and ignore us then yesterday the guy was cutting grass and came about 2 to 20 foot in our yard , hit my kids swing set and when i tried to talk to him he just walked away like i was not there. I was so mad that he didn't even ask where the property line is and then hit my stuff. I will be put up a fence . I want to call the landlord who i am friends with and let him know but Dh says to let it go so am i overreacting

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Guess it all depends on who's perspective you look at it from. I think Most men would say yes, you're overreacting, most women would say you're not.
    Personally, I think the fact that he ignores you when you try to talk to him is ridiculous--unless he's deaf? Regardless, waving is a universal sign language.
    Good fences make good neighbors--and I'd be getting mine up with a quickness...a tall privacy fence that they cant even look over!
    Then just let it go. It's obvious they don't want to be 'friendly' neighbors.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Put up your fence an call the landlord. Most would want to know there was an issue cause that puts up read flags that could effect him an his proplerty.

4. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    That's a little weird. [​IMG] If was just the ignoring, I'd say that some people aren't sociable, and just let it go. If you see him mowing next time move all the stuff so he can mow the rest of your yard. [​IMG]

I guess just put up a fence? I don't think you're overreacting unless you're really MAD about it. He seems quirky, take it with a grain of salt. If they destroy your stuff that's a different story. I'd say nothing and wait and see what happens, but I'm kind of a people watcher.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Call the landlord. This guy needs to be squared away before his behavior of 'disregard' escalates.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Have the land lord put a fence up to keep his renters where they belong!!!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Yeah, I'd call the landlord. Especially if you are friendly with him. He needs to take care of that situation quickly.

8. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Do both because you are not overreacting.
    Talk to the landlord first before you incur unnecessary expenses. He may put his foot down and there won't be any need for a fence or he might put up his own.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I totally agree.

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I say get a BB gun, hide, and shoot a couple into his bee-hind parts when he encroaches on your space. Bet that gets his attention. [​IMG] Just kiddin', folks.....

I had a bad neighbor once who tied a continually barking dog right on the property line, far from their house and close to mine. The BB gun approach taught the dog not to bark all the time. Classic conditioning. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by