Am I the only CHICKEN LOVER in Canada?

Chickee's Mom :

Quote:
I have had chickens off and on for about 10 years. I gave all my chickens away a couple of years ago to a young family that had moved to the country. Now this summer I bought seven hens, one with 13 chicks, two roosters, I think big red is a Danish brown leghorn. One of those hens, Chickee had nine babies, one died??. I am loving these chickens. I think having the grand children around and being so facinated getting the eggs and watching some hatch, and of course naming them all is made me want more and more. I can't wait till spring.
so great to talk to someone from AB.

I am going to insulate the chicken coup this fall and keep a heat lamp on at all times...​

smile.png
Good, there are more Canadians here!
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi, I live in NB. I have a flock of 7 leghorns and 6 Rhode Island Reds. I love them to death! Anyone in New Brunswick, or in the Fredericton Area?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have a really good friend in Pakenham, ON. She would like some chickens but is worried about the fisher cats. We are animal "freaks" as her husband says...but we dont listen to him too much
smile.png

If she could securely yard chicks, I think she would have some and a pot bellied pig

Hi,I live in the Annapolis Valley,N.S and this is my very first post! LOL
My husband and I started raising chickens only 3 years ago.We will be getting our chicks next week.I really enjoy it.Of course we grow them to eat but that doesn't mean I don't get attached to them because I do.We are still in the learning stages.
We would love to have some laying hens,just not set up for it yet......hopefully soon.
We grow some turkeys too:)

Back
Top Bottom