Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Hate My Post Office?

If I'm not wrong, P.O. in US is handled by USPS, is it true?

I think P.O. in US is far better than P.O. in my country, we do lost many thing start from very important document (even when they're insuranced by P.O. ) to even simple accessories.
roll.png

P.O. in my country IS NOT reliable.
barnie.gif

Our PO and mail carrier in particular are awesome. Kevin is talking about retiring so we'll see what happens then.
hide.gif

We had a lousy one carrier and post office in KY, but thankfully that was only for 1.5 years and then we moved again. Our post office here is very good. In fact, their postmaster won postmaster for the state a few weeks ago. Very nice and the only times we've had any problems was when we had a sub. who didn't know the route well. The post office where we lived before here (another state) was AMAZING! They went above and beyond for everyone, can't say enough good things about them.

I grew up in small town Alaska, and I love the USPS. It delivers everywhere in the country, every hamlet, village and town. It delivers regular mail for the same price everywhere in the country, and has lovely flat rate boxes for everything else.

I generally stay away from the post office threads because I can't stay civil. The USPS handles more than half of the all the mail in the world (most of it junk,but..), delivers everywhere, and does it at a reasonable cost and with an on time rate of more than 90%. The USPS regular mail rate is much cheaper than other developed countries. No other system comes close to what the post office does.

Last edited:
I love my postal office and people. Of course a little chicken education and a few dozen eggs doesn't hurt either.

Great ending... ordered chicks from McMurray... arrived at post office several days later than normal... were sitting and waiting for me to come get them when.... the outgoing mail semi truck driver picked them up and put them in the back of the truck and drove a circuit route of 3 hours back to Nashville. The post mistress drove her own car to several towns trying to get to the truck driver. She ended up getting them at the main post office in the airport before they were returned to McMurray. They had already called ahead to the airport office and they opended the box and gave them water and light. She picked them up and handed them off to a carrier about half way between here and Nashville who hand delivered them at 9 pm that night.

My chicks had "frequent flyer mails" before they were even feathered out. LOL. I only lost one.

My post office is slow, inefficient and a mess, my postman however is wonderful. he knows it's hard for me to get my wheelchair to the community box 2 streets over, so he stops and walks it up to my door. I work from home and ship out alot, he's always cheerful even when I cram 40lbs of product into a flat rate box.

My local rural post office was great with chick orders on calling me when they arrived and having them bring them out to me. However-------------when I ordered honeybees through the mail, the phone call was quicker and I had to go into the back (not normally allowed) and pick them up to carry them out myself, I can't imagine why they didn't want to touch the screen box, there were only a few hitchhikers on the outside.

Quote:
Correct.

My local PO is great, as are the carriers. I had half a shipment of chicks die because of delays in shipping a few years ago, but the local PO called me within an hour of their arrival, before they opened, and I picked them up before they opened. They wanted me to check inside while there, and I think were more upset than I was (by then I was expecting the worst.) All the people at the counter are some of the most polite and helpful clerks I've ever encountered. If the chicks had been handled by similar workers for the whole trip, I'll bet they would have arrived on time and alive.

Back
Top Bottom