Am I the only one..............

CarolinaHen

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2013
South Carolina
Am I the only one that wishes she were home instead of at work? I would much rather be sitting by the fire, knitting, and watching the chicks in the brooder. Too bad I've got to do this "work thing" to pay the bills.

I've been feeling that way for a while. So I put in my notice at work a few weeks ago - my last day is next Friday, the 4th. I'll be a full time dog mom, gardener, goat servant, chicken wrangler, and hermit! lol

While I enjoyed my career in the medical field all I ever really wanted was to be at home and be a wife and mom and take care of my family, house and farm animals. In the middle of my work day I'd think about what was going on at home and all the things I needed to be doing there. I always said that I really just didn't have the time to be at work, to much to do at home! And yeah, gotta love the commute! But bills needed to be paid so off to work I went for 22 years. Five years ago I finally quit my job to work at home doing the accounting for my husbands business. Bliss! Nothing beats being your own boss and making your own schedule!

I teach high school and have 8 years left to go before retirement. I find myself sitting here during my planning block just thinking about all of the things I could do at home. I love my job, but I really, really, really wish they would let me take my students and teach them about homesteading. They would learn so much more and the skills would be far more invaluable to them than reading some of the literature the state tells them they have to. I do, however, teach them some skills. It is incredibly amazing to watch a guy that is deeply involved in gang activity knitting in the corner of my classroom because he finished his assignments early
ep.gif
The only way they are allowed to knit is if they finish all assignments and have extra time left.
highfive.gif

Me too!!!!! I would rather stay home to tend to my garden and chickens. I want to get more animals and learn how to sew and to make soap and to grow herbs and so so many other things. But work interferes way too much. Also, the commute is too long and I hate it that I can't just get home instantly after work.
rant.gif

But I am thankful that I have a job, I guess.

Me too!!!!! I would rather stay home to tend to my garden and chickens. I want to get more animals and learn how to sew and to make soap and to grow herbs and so so many other things. But work interferes way too much. Also, the commute is too long and I hate it that I can't just get home instantly after work.
rant.gif

But I am thankful that I have a job, I guess.

I know the feeling! Sometimes I want to call in to work and tell them I can't make it because I have too many chores to do at home. ..... like watching my chicks hatch, planting the garden...... you know, the important stuff!
old.gif

LOL - I just turned in an ELT request for tomorrow - totally taking a "mental health" day and, yes, will spend much of the day playing with my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom