Am I totally loosing my mind.......

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mommto3kiddos, May 25, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I am listing these two for FREE on Craigslist today and I want to triple check that both are Roos.. For some nagging reason I keep thinking the first one is a hen.. UGH [​IMG] They are 8 weeks old.. Old English Game Bantams

Saddle...

[​IMG]

Spur Buds Going Away...

[​IMG]

Nice Red Comb, but nothing like the hatch mate below.... I know Game Hens have red combs & wattles

[​IMG]

My FO SURE Roo.. [​IMG] Hes been rooing for about a week, and will answer you if you roo to him.. Love it & wish I could keep him, even though he is an escape artist [​IMG]...

[​IMG]

His Spurs - Have Nails Sticking Out ALready!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. mommto3kiddos

Mar 9, 2011
    Wanted to add the one I think is a hen is my avatar pic.. She was 5 weeks in that pic and her wattle and comb have not grown at all since it was taken!!

3. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I'm sorry to say this, but the tail is just too long on both for either to be a hen.

Also, the hens do have red combs, but in my limited experience their combs barely develop at all and stay yellow or light pinkish until very close to laying age.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    There young roosters.
    The Red coming in at the base of the tail and in the wing is a dead give a way.

Chris

5. mommto3kiddos

Mar 9, 2011
    I guess its just mind tempting when one roo develops alot faster than the other.. Boo

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    All of them are roos, sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by