Amarillo, Abilene, Lubbock

paynemom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 29, 2008
Robinson, TX
I am an Arizonan but am trying to convince my hubby to relocate to this part of TX. Are there any engineering jobs there? Are the cities growing? I want to be just outside the city and have more room for my chickies, and kids.

I think all cities in Texas are growing! What type of Eng. job are you looking for? Try looking at http://amarillo.craigslist.org/ to see what type of jobs are being offered in Amarillo. You might want to google Craig's list in the other cities you have choosen as well. It is a pretty good site to start looking for what you want. Good Luck and God Bless!

Liza

im in odessa texas,,just 2 hours from lubbock,,if he can work in the oil field,,or ANYTHING to do with them ( their ALWAYS looking for engineers) it is VERY easy to find work in this area,,but i hope you dont like trees,,,very few far in between,,,,i live about 1 mile from the city limits,,, and unless your abusing your animals,, they dont care what ya do,,but MAN is it HOT here ( im from maine been here 6 years)
big_smile.png

We live in Amarillo. We moved here 2 years ago (from the Houston suburbs) with my dh job at the time.

We're counting the days until we move! We are relocating with dh new job in 45-90 days. We're heading over to NE Texas. Not in DFW proper, but any of the outer lying towns.

The wind NEVER STOPS blowing here. I am not exaggerating. We just read an article yesterday. Amarillo is #3 windiest city in the US, only after 2 cities in Alaska! We got a decent amount of snow winter before last, but this past winter it was COLD and DRY and the WIND was wild! We're told by locals, it was a typical winter. The climate the rest of the year is nice, though. We did have some incredibly hot days in June, but they passed.

Schools are very good. But there's not really anything to do entertainment wise. A couple of musems, a joke of a waterpark and a small amusement park. A zoo that's more like just a walk through park.

We have a decent sized mall. Every retail store and restaurant chain is here, too. The people are nice here.

We've visited Lubbock twice and were no more impressed than with Amarillo, sorry.

I don't know anything about Abilene, but it is further east, so might be better.

my wifes grandmother is from floydayda <spelling may be wrong,,and its next to lubbock ,,that area same as here,,,no trees, sand,heat,wind,and cotton,,the 1 thing abilene and lubbock have in common is a collage,,,,and thats ALL either place has,,,,if not for my neck,,,i wouldnt live here ( sorry texans,, not putting it down,,just not for me) ,,and i find that people are'nt as friendly as they want ya to think they are,,haha
big_smile.png

Last edited:
This Barnett Shale we are sitting on top of has certainly generated lots of jobs. Shreveport area has discovered a Shale larger than this one, if you like Louisiana, I personally love it, but I was born there. I did get to TEXAS as soon as possible though.

Back
Top Bottom