Amateur Photography - Wildlife, Aeroplanes

I also thought it was shot through a window or possibly the lens fogged up. There is a bad haze that is not present in the other images. I would recommend getting closer too, a lot closer. There is no feather detail in the bird and the image is quite soft. Unfortunately, you cannot fix those issues in post processing, but I was able to remove the haze with dehaze slider in lightroom. Do you have the camera settings for this particular image (focal length in mm, shutter speed, f-stop, ISO)? Usually, you can right click on the original image and it will say in the details...

P1060038.jpg

Last edited:
I also thought it was shot through a window or possibly the lens fogged up. There is a bad haze that is not present in the other images. I would recommend getting closer too, a lot closer. There is no feather detail in the bird and the image is quite soft. Unfortunately, you cannot fix those issues in post processing, but I was able to remove the haze with dehaze slider in lightroom. Do you have the camera settings for this particular image (focal length in mm, shutter speed, f-stop, ISO)? Usually, you can right click on the original image and it will say in the details...

View attachment 3204674
Not at the moment, can look tomorrow, already almost 1am here. Yes there was a slight haze, I assumed lens fog/poor angle. Just thought it would be a challenge to try and fix the photo or make it look more presentable. Naturally I assumed it wasn't completely salvageable, I can upload some simpler photos I did tomorrow too

Okay, sounds good. That was a good one to practice on to remove the haze. I have never used the dehaze slider before, but it worked quite well.
Awesome! RawTherapee's haze removal wasn't nearly as good. I have been recommended a new program (picked it up for a fiver) so will give that a shot today. "Luminar 4," it's so quick to edit/process simple photos literally one click!

Back
Top Bottom