Amateur Silkie Owner!

DyamisMommy

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
SE Georgia
I am a first time chicken owner! I got a couple Silkies just 5 days ago! The hen is 6 months, the Roo is 4 months. Now, for some reason today they must have both decided they were comfortable in their new home because the Roo decided to start crowing for the first time since he's been with us, and the hen laid her first egg! They are so sweet and so tame. I'm so happy to have them!
I'm so glad to find this site! It's helped so much to get my new friends off to a good start. Please let the advice pour in!
frow.gif

Howdy, and welcome to BYC! Silkies are a friendly and docile breed, and good egg layers. Beautiful birds too! Nice choice in breed! So do you just have a hen and a rooster? I did too when I first got chickens, I started out with 2 hens. I live in the suburbs, can't have roosters. :( Glad you got you're first egg, you must feel like a proud mommy, haha! Any questions or advice you need answered, don't hesitate to explore the forums and post more threads... the BYC community is welcoming you with open arms! And don't forget to post some pics of your chickens! :)

Back
Top Bottom