amazing chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LC orps, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LC orps

LC orps Songster

Dec 7, 2009
    Mcleansville, NC
    [​IMG] it's a wonder they hatched i was amazed but i gess you can never count them out............................On day 18 i lost power for 5 hours and temp went down to 45....... [​IMG] well i figured they were done.............................but i went on like nothing happend figured i had nothing too loose [​IMG] Too my surprise on day 19 i had 3 pip zip and out they came faster than i ever thought they would..........on day 20 i had 2 more now on day 21 i have 5 more almost out with 6 more starting to pip..............................I guess you never know

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] started with 3 dozen and got 12 so far and still going strong

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I love stories like this.

3. BHep

BHep Crowing

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    X2

And I'm freaking out over a 3 hour drop to 75. Whew.... feel better now! [​IMG]

4. LC orps

LC orps Songster

Dec 7, 2009
    Mcleansville, NC
    yea i was throwing a fit when all this happend feel better know tho next time i won't stress out so much..................................YEA RITE [​IMG]

5. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I know how you feel. On my first hatch we lost power after we went into lockdown. I don't know how long it was out but when I woke up the house was dark and my first thought was "Oh no, the eggs!" The temp didn't go as far down as yours but I was so worried. Out of 8 in lockdown, we got six chicks. Good luck on the rest of your hatch! [​IMG]

6. LC orps

LC orps Songster

Dec 7, 2009
    Mcleansville, NC
    still piping got 12 out of 3 dozen so far [​IMG]

7. LC orps

LC orps Songster

Dec 7, 2009
    Mcleansville, NC
    yetanother one and they keep coming [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: