amazing chicks

LC orps

Songster
10 Years
Dec 7, 2009
Mcleansville, NC
bow.gif
it's a wonder they hatched i was amazed but i gess you can never count them out............................On day 18 i lost power for 5 hours and temp went down to 45.......
somad.gif
well i figured they were done.............................but i went on like nothing happend figured i had nothing too loose
th.gif
Too my surprise on day 19 i had 3 pip zip and out they came faster than i ever thought they would..........on day 20 i had 2 more now on day 21 i have 5 more almost out with 6 more starting to pip..............................I guess you never know

45471_buff_orpington_two_chicks.jpg

45471_buff_orpington_chiick.jpg

thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif
started with 3 dozen and got 12 so far and still going strong

Last edited:
yea i was throwing a fit when all this happend feel better know tho next time i won't stress out so much..................................YEA RITE
thumbsup.gif

I know how you feel. On my first hatch we lost power after we went into lockdown. I don't know how long it was out but when I woke up the house was dark and my first thought was "Oh no, the eggs!" The temp didn't go as far down as yours but I was so worried. Out of 8 in lockdown, we got six chicks. Good luck on the rest of your hatch!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom