Amazing Mother

I do better at incubator, have only had one successfully brood lol, but was long and painful learning that as high elevation hatching isn't easy at all, but finally got it so we are getting a really good hatch rate, that's why I had to join incubator Anon group on here lol
I got an incubator going, and one that looks like she's going to finally go broody, she was out for blood this morning until I gave her some eggs to sit on

Poor quality photo (phone camera in the dark), but Cashew roosted with them again tonight!

2FF325E9-2874-4A56-889C-B62CA305A866.jpeg

Last edited:
some are just super good moms, my Rhode Island red broody stayed for 3 months in the brooder at night with hers but was out with the Flock and laying again even though at night she bedded down with them until she finally decided to take them to the coop at night to roost, sadly the next day Neighbors dog that was running loose got through as someone had cut my back fence to steal eggs and I lost her

:hugs Sorry to hear this happen :hugs

Well, it’s over. Cashew stopped mothering the very next day. She still hangs out with them occasionally and roosted with them a couple times, but they’re on their own. I think Cashew increased her rank by being a mother. She’s #3, only to the two remaining from my original four. I’m super happy Cashew is a good lap chicken and brought the babies to my chair a few times. Even though I did not hand raise them, all three are visiting me at the moment. So sweet.

CB20A39E-0C4A-4686-A4AD-394F305E02B4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom