Amber link

Pics
She is lovely - she seems to have a lot more dark than mine. Though mine is very young yet she is only about 19 weeks now so there is time for colouring to change yet I guess? As you say though they do vary I kind of like the lacy effect on mines breast feathers. She is quite white on her back though? I thought some red would come through on the tips of her wing feathers we will see as she molted a good lot out so maybe when they regrow?

Anyhow your girl is a sweetie!

Oes

Last edited:
Here is a picture of three of the other amber girls, two almost white and Chip in the back with dark brown tips. Unfortunately Chip became a part of the circle of life and was eaten by some other critter. We live in the woods and our chicks are in a chain link enclosure with electric fence at night but roam free during the day.

I am about to buy some of those, but am really concerned wether they are flighty or not.

I had Isa Warrens, and they were not flighty. But they wasn't happy with the area they had, so a couple of them did jump over the fence but later on quit doing that.

So, are those amberlinks worse at that point?
hmm.png

I am about to buy some of those, but am really concerned wether they are flighty or not.

I had Isa Warrens, and they were not flighty. But they wasn't happy with the area they had, so a couple of them did jump over the fence but later on quit doing that.

So, are those amberlinks worse at that point?
hmm.png

Hi,

I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. My amber-link is a perfect sweetie, not flighty at all. The best thing is that she's pretty heavy, not very inclined to jump or fly (we have a REALLY low fence! And a very small garden!) I would recommend this breed to you. She is an absolutely fantastic layer, too!

Last edited:
Thank God I'm so glad hear that! But are they as docile as the Isa browns? Easy to make them love you? :p

BTW, I suppose they are called Dekalb White, whose "manual" is found on this site: http://www.isapoultry.com/en/products/

My, have I ever seen light hens, 1.7 kg at egg laying age!

Last edited:
Thank God I'm so glad hear that! But are they as docile as the Isa browns? Easy to make them love you?
tongue.png

BTW, I suppose they are called Dekalb White, whose "manual" is found on this site: http://www.isapoultry.com/en/products/

My, have I ever seen light hens, 1.7 kg at egg laying age!

I don't have an ISA Brown, so not sure at all; but I got her as a pullet so more difficult to tame than if you got them as day-old, I guess. Regarding the love, she tamed in a relatively short time and seems to have an intelligently (that's seriously the only way to describe it), loving attachment to me, unlike the other hens who are immediate treat-huggers.

Last edited:
Wow that is a lovely colouring! I hope mine has more red comming through as she gets older????

Oes
Thank you! This pic was taken a few months ago, and her feathering has darkened even more now that she's matured! So I think yours will get some more red coming through. Apparently it seems to differ with every hen, which I find really unique and lovely. Hope I can get some more Ambers!

Last edited:
HI there, I am wondering if you could please tell me if this looks like an amber link and if so what sex do you think it is? It's 4-5 weeks old!

Back
Top Bottom