Amberlink question??

None of mine have spots, and I don't recall any of the other ones in the bin looking any different. But I'm new to chicken keeping, and until Wednesday I had never heard of an Amberlink chicken...
I never heard of amberlinks either until I got my chicks last Wednesday. :)

I have 3 from last year all of which now look alot like my leghorns only with black spots, 2 of them have alot of black in them....They have turned out to be very good layers had a 3 week time frame over the winter that they stopped laying but otherwise they have been very hardy, my only problem with these three are that with freeranging these birds are clingy and every time i turn around I have to be careful of stepping on them, if I sit down they are up on me, can not tell you if this is the breed or just my birds. (and they also like to hide eggs in the strangest places)....hope this helps with what to expect from these birds.

I have 3 from last year all of which now look alot like my leghorns only with black spots, 2 of them have alot of black in them....They have turned out to be very good layers had a 3 week time frame over the winter that they stopped laying but otherwise they have been very hardy, my only problem with these three are that with freeranging these birds are clingy and every time i turn around I have to be careful of stepping on them, if I sit down they are up on me, can not tell you if this is the breed or just my birds. (and they also like to hide eggs in the strangest places)....hope this helps with what to expect from these birds.
Hiding eggs wouldn't be my concern as the rest of mine keep hiding them. :) what's another two!

We got Amberlinks last year, and they are wonderful egg producers; all 6 of them lay and average of 6 eggs a week. Ours are white, with just a little brown on them.

I think you bought cornish hens, which look just like amberlinks except they have the black spots. I didnt know until i got to the cash register at tsc when the cashier asked if i wanted meat chickens or egg laying chickens, i said egg laying, she explained the cornish hens was for meat, the other for laying...so i promptly took my little cuties back and got what i was looking for...At tsc they are next to one another.

Hi,
Our new one is P.O.L and is basically a creamy colour but with one RIR 'mottled' wing feather in the centre of her folded wing. No other brown anywhere nor any black spots I'm afraid.
Have had one small egg in the first 5 days she's been with us, feels very solid and is shiny like porcelain ! Follows our other newbie (a RIR) around and also has a comical
lau.gif
fairly deep gruff voice lol
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom