amberlink roo or hen?

chickengirl2014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Ft myers, Florida
Hi I have a 3-4 week old amberlink that has more of a comb than my 2 EE's and I was wondering if that means it's a rooster or just is a faster growing breed I heard a loud noise he/she made tonight I will show pics of them all

The girls:

Amberlink:

All three:

Amberlinks have single combs (on a chick it looks like a sawblade) while EEs usually have pea combs. That's the difference you're seeing. They all look girly at this point.

Thank you for that info I had forgotten that I am truly hopeing it's a girl
The amberlink is very cute nice and if it's a rooster one more thing will it fight with my leghorn rooster? I have like 20 hens and more on the way

Last edited:
Thank you for that info I had forgotten that I am truly hopeing it's a girl
The amberlink is very cute nice and if it's a rooster one more thing will it fight with my leghorn rooster? I have like 20 hens and more on the way

Your Amberlink is a pullet. I have a bunch of them right now, older than yours, and yours looks right for a pullet at that age.

Should it be a cockerel you'll be fine since you have enough hens to go around. They may spar a bit, but as long as the loser has plenty of room to run away it will be fine. Shouldn't have any more damage than a few lost feathers or a bruised comb. You only have to worry if they draw blood. The sparring lasts maybe a day or so--usually less. Once they figure out who the Alpha rooster is, they won't fight at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom