Amberlinks??

SmartyChick

An Official Milkmaid
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Sullivan County NY
Hi ever1,
I just heard about "amberlinks" today. So what's the scoop with them? I know the hens are good layers, but what about the roosters? Aren't amberlinks sexlinks? So what is a rooster called? I'm confused.
tongue.png
I am thinking about getting a rooster of that breed, but I don't know if they are aggressive/friendly.

Last edited:
The one I have is friendly. And he definetly rules the roost!! He's only 8 weeks old and I just added him with the others because he had been picked on so bad I wanted all his feathers to come back. Within about 5 minutes he was putting all the pullets in there places!!

Missi

41543_8_week_old_amberlink_roo_4.jpg

I have two Amber-links of my own. They are very sweet, smart, and pretty. I will see if I can answer your questions.

I've read that they are fantastic layers, good foragers, and have a docile temperament. The males are a little quieter than for most breeds, and don't make quite as good companions as females (like any rooster). Ambr-links are sex-links, but just a different color variety.

I have a two month old Amberlink cockerel who is the most cuddly roo I have. Unfortunately he is going to a new home as four out of five chicks are male. He also has problems with the dominant male of their hatch and constantly fights and loses to him. He also crows whenever he sees me or anything really which is unfortunate. He is good with the pullet, just not his brothers.

Back
Top Bottom