Amelia Island Vacation pics.....:) *More Pics*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lunachick, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    First I want to say it was a pleasure to meet Scrambled Egg & her husband in NC. We had dinner together and it was great! We will do it again on our way down next year! [​IMG] SE !!

Hope you all like!

Finally...........what DH wanted: sand, sea and...........no people! This was where we stayed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for the cloud lookers like me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every afternoon:
    [​IMG]

I saw this with my morning coffee....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More beach shots...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How windy & humid was it?
    [​IMG]

Or maybe this one will do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I couldn't use a comb, I had to wet it down and spray conditioner on it.....or leave it like it is and do the rasta thing.......[​IMG]

We visited Fort Clinch and I'll post those pics later on. Very interesting place........

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    What beautiful pictures. I bet you had a great time !!!

3. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    I've always wanted to go to Amelia island!!! Did you look for shells? Looks beautiful.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:Where we were there were no shells~just flat beach, which was great to walk on BTW !! It was a really nice area! Especially for us, we like it when people leave an area, not gravitate to it! BUT - you could buy shells in the local stores, and not a bad price either.

On a side note; I think the best shell seeking is on the west coast, from what I've heard. We had a lot of broken clam shells and rocks. Not even sea glass! [​IMG] which I was hoping for. But we had lots of relax time and fun. And drank too much beer and stuff. [​IMG] But REALLY enjoyed the area. [​IMG]

Very historical!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Beautiful pics! Glad you had a nice time! [​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good grief, and ya'll came home? They would have had to pry me out with a crowbar!

How beautiful, and some great pics. Glad you both got a chance to relax and kick back!

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    no people? doesn't that mean sharks will find you an easy target? or was it too cold to go in the water? [​IMG]

and not to be a stickler but um... i saw some people and umbrellas. [​IMG]

aaaaaaah... I can smell the ocean air now...and steamed crabs with old bay seasoning... nom nom nom nom...

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Might as well shoot me now... Maple, I can't find decent crabs here at ANY price!

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    WOW!! Beautiful pics!!

I'd have to drag my DH to a place like that,oceans freak him out. [​IMG]

10. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    I am from N/Cntl/Fl...in my opinion there is no prettier/peaceful beaches than in the Amelia Is./Fernandina area..Ft.Clinch area has great fishing

and Luna..you had time for quilting????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by