Ameracauna but ??

Looks like a gold duck-wing in color (hope that's right lol) but its not one of the 8 APA recognized colors in amerucanas. So technically he would be an ee, but it might be one of the project colors they are working on.

Sure looks like a gold duckwing to me.

What could have happened is that he is from Ameraucana parents but the breeder is playing with color. The gold duckwing color isn't a recognized color for the APA standards, so he's not showable and his offspring probably won't be showable, either. Technically he would be classed an EE since he's not a recognized color.

He also could be a mixed-breed EE that just happened to pick up that lovely gold duckwing pattern.

I have a color-project rooster, a Lemon Blue Cuckoo Marans. The breeder was having fun trying to breed Lemon Blue Marans, and there you go. I needed a rooster, she gave him to me. He's an interesting looking boy.

two new color projects I havent heard of yet. Gold duckwing sounds very interesting and look pretty, or at least this rooster does, I wonder what the hens look like. I am only working on 2 color projects.

I have a color-project rooster, a Lemon Blue Cuckoo Marans. The breeder was having fun trying to breed Lemon Blue Marans, and there you go. I needed a rooster, she gave him to me. He's an interesting looking boy.
Do you have a pic of him? Sounds beautiful! How distinct in the cuckoo on that coloring? I've seen some of the lemon cuckoo where you can hardly see the cuckoo part.....is it stronger with the blue?

Well I was looking through some notes that I made during the spring hatch and I'm pretty sure this roo came from wheaten/blue wheaten eggs. I found some pics of those and he does look very similar.

Do you have a pic of him? Sounds beautiful! How distinct in the cuckoo on that coloring? I've seen some of the lemon cuckoo where you can hardly see the cuckoo part.....is it stronger with the blue?
Sorry donrae, I missed this post. My lemon blue cuckoo boy is my avatar, because so many people ask to see him! The cuckoo is pretty distinct on the hackle feathers especially, but mostly non-existent in the blue, other than some tail feathers.

Back
Top Bottom