Ameracauna roo color/variant

Okay, here we go.....

71705_p1190974a.jpg

71705_p1190972a.jpg

71705_p1190981a.jpg

Better?

71705_p1190978a.jpg

He's a little skittish, but that might be because he and the other three chicks were introduced to our other two 1 year olds this spring, and our buff orp is THE BOSS, you best not think otherwise....

South neighbor has now officially complained. They said they tried but even the fans don't drown him out. She said he sounds like a sick elephant...
gig.gif

I don't see that he matches any of the colors of true Ameraucanas:

http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

I think he is an Easter Egger which is a type of mutt.
hide.gif

What are Easter Egg chickens?

The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines an Easter Egg chicken or Easter Egger as any chicken that possesses the blue egg gene, but doesn’t fully meet any breed descriptions as defined in the APA and/or ABA standards. Further, even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description or breed true at least 50% of the time it is considered an Easter Egg chicken.

He is very good looking though!
smile.png

SAme with me...I never could figure how to post a pic. Also I'm almost double over my limit of girls. But no noisy roos anymore. They went somewhere else in June.An update that they are doing well but the 2 dominant ones fight. The runt is still the runt....It will be sad if they have to split up.......

What an unusual color. pretty though. I am thinking one of his parents was a wheaton color and the other oarent a gold based chicken (maybe gold duckwing?)
Awesome pictures. I love those shaking pictures. He doesnt seem anything typical though. Very pretty.

Last edited:
wow jodyjo the colours on him are so bright!

my ee roo has similar colouring but not nearly as shiny and sparkly as yours!

53434_100_7528.jpg

Back
Top Bottom