Ameracauna rooster, easter egger hen, barred rock hen

Treehair89

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2021
First time ever posting. Long, sorry. Trying to be as thorough as possible.

My first time hatching my own eggs. I've had hens for 5 years and just got my rooster about a year ago, so I figured, why not, I'll try it.

I have an ameracauna rooster (someone told me he was blue, but his outer feathers are black) and an easter egger hen (under feathers blue, outer feathers orangey red) I originally thought she was an ameraucana (that's what I bought her as, then someone told me she was an easter egger) anyways, the same someone who gave me the other info told me their offspring would be sex link.. I'm just learning what that is lol. So now I'm trying to figure out (at least an idea) of what my little nuggets will look like and how to possibly sex them.

5 eggs hatched
1 is positively hatched from the EE, blue egg
The other 4 could be barred rock or RIR hen, ameracauna rooster.

Hopefully some of that makes senae and someone can assist haha

-tree

EE hen, ameracauna roo

Attachments

• 0814212015.jpg
    0814212015.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 12
Same roo, not sure of hen (I have 5 barred rock hens, 2 RIR and 1 dominique)

Attachments

• 0814212018b~2.jpg
    0814212018b~2.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 12
The only ones that would be sex linked are the ones that come from barred rock eggs. Any non-barred male over a barred hen will give you barred male offspring and non-barred female offspring. It won't be noticeable until their wing feathers grow in and you can see the barring. So, in your case, all barred offspring will be male. But the Ameraucana over the Easter egger or RIR hens will not produce sex linked chicks.

Thank you. I'm assuming the lady meant the barred rock ones should be sex linked. I just remember her saying some would be.

Uhh.. So you're saying all my barred rock mix chicks will be roos? 😳 2 have big white spots on head and at least 1 doesn't.. Don't know of that means anything the moment. And honestly, as I previously stated I'm not 100% positive they were even the barred rock hens because all but the EE lay brown eggs, almost impossible to tell the difference in the egg itself. Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom