Ameraucana’s 12 weeks Cockerels or Pullets?

Unless you paid $20 each for them, they're easter eggers. A lot of hatcheries and breeders call easter eggers Ameracaunas (or Americaunas) when they aren't, Real Amerecaunas have slate (gray) legs and have solid colors. (buff, white, blue or wheaten etc )
Thank you for explaining!

I bought as listed as ameraucana! Wow thank you for that insight! How do you know they are EE and not Ameraucanas??
Ameraucanas have slate legs, true pea combs, and a standardized color. Both of yours have non-standard colors, modified pea combs, and the first boy has green legs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with easter eggers, but sadly many hatcheries have easter eggers listed as ameraucanas or "americanas" to trick people.

Ameraucanas have slate legs, true pea combs, and a standardized color. Both of yours have non-standard colors, modified pea combs, and the first boy has green legs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with easter eggers, but sadly many hatcheries have easter eggers listed as ameraucanas or "americanas" to trick people.
Thank you for explaining! I love them no matter what they are and my light EE is a sweetheart! I hope to find him a loving home who cuddles with him from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom