Ameraucana 2

Can young black Ameraucanas look greyish? He/She is only 8 weeks old. When it was a chick it was black and cream/yellow and the blues I got where greyish and cream/yellow. But now the one that was a black looks like the blues as well. Should have banded it before now lol.

I ordered blues in a different order. The black was ordered with lavenders. They are from Cackle.
:hmm

Can young black Ameraucanas look greyish? He/She is only 8 weeks old. When it was a chick it was black and cream/yellow and the blues I got where greyish and cream/yellow. But now the one that was a black looks like the blues as well. Should have banded it before now lol.

I ordered blues in a different order. The black was ordered with lavenders. They are from Cackle.
:hmm
Hmmm there are some very dark blues so it’s possible they accidentally gave you a blue. But I thought all of my black d’Anver chicks were blue because of how dull gray they were as chicks. And they are definitely black now. Do you have any pictures of them? :)

Hmmm there are some very dark blues so it’s possible they accidentally gave you a blue. But I thought all of my black d’Anver chicks were blue because of how dull gray they were as chicks. And they are definitely black now. Do you have any pictures of them? :)
I'll get some new up to date ones tomorrow.

Ok pics of the 4 banded in blue .... one should be black. >.< I can not remember what one it is due to them all kinda looking the same. Including a pic of the one that should be the blue cock. Also a pick of my lavender cock.

Blue boy(blue cock) is the first pic and second is Indy my lavender cock. I have one other blue but she is very very tiny due to very bad cross beak. Still fighting but she is bantam size or smaller due to her issues.

BlueBoy.jpg
Indy4.jpg
Band1.jpg
Band2.jpg
Band3.jpg
Band4.jpg

Ok pics of the 4 banded in blue .... one should be black. >.< I can not remember what one it is due to them all kinda looking the same. Including a pic of the one that should be the blue cock. Also a pick of my lavender cock.

Blue boy(blue cock) is the first pic and second is Indy my lavender cock. I have one other blue but she is very very tiny due to very bad cross beak. Still fighting but she is bantam size or smaller due to her issues.

View attachment 3276732View attachment 3276733View attachment 3276734View attachment 3276735View attachment 3276736View attachment 3276737
They are all adorable 🥰 and besides you lavender Am to me they all look blue 🥴 I don’t think you got a black one. They look like they will have some lacing like you want in blues though! This is my black girl at about 8 weeks old.

Attachments

• 116A9C9B-C115-401E-97E9-37F09CBBB3C4.jpeg
    116A9C9B-C115-401E-97E9-37F09CBBB3C4.jpeg
    817.7 KB · Views: 3
  • B0CE3F2B-7726-4A9A-8D57-0DFED67E5AE4.jpeg
    B0CE3F2B-7726-4A9A-8D57-0DFED67E5AE4.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 0A854C54-AF3C-4C77-A40C-7FE3BAB174B0.jpeg
    0A854C54-AF3C-4C77-A40C-7FE3BAB174B0.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 3
Yup I was afraid of that. Cackle had already made a mistake and sent me 4 lavender Orpingtons instead of the 4 Lavender female Ameraucanas I ordered. Well, just have to order 4 or 5 blacks this next year or find someone close to buy from.

Yup I was afraid of that. Cackle had already made a mistake and sent me 4 lavender Orpingtons instead of the 4 Lavender female Ameraucanas I ordered. Well, just have to order 4 or 5 blacks this next year or find someone close to buy from.
Not a great way to do business! Sheesh! You could hatch your own next year with your lavender rooster and one of your blue girls! All the babies would be black and blue! An excuse to hatch babies 😍

I got refunded, and it was end of production hatch so I knew they might be short. They where short on blacks but the lavenders was a mix up. They had really good customer service and I got a near total refund for the mix up. I already have three of the four orpingtons sold. 😊

Back
Top Bottom