Ameraucana Breeders to try?

I hope I am OK posting this. (hoping that this is helpful)

So far I have dealt with Melissa (pasofinofarm)

And Jean (pips & peeps)

What wonderful down to earth people.

Melissa's eggs are beautiful.

I should be getting some juvies from Jean this week.

As I have studied the breeds, I have just fallen in love with the pics of Melissa's birds and Jean's birds. They are simply gorgeous.

I have also had contact via e-mail with the Cree's and the Smith's. At present I am on waiting lists there. (I believe)

Blue is my color.

Last edited:
Quote:
I got my pullets today a splash and two blacks to go with my blue boy hopefully he keeps quite and I have eggs in spring. If I keep him put me on the breeders list mine are a mixture of Cree and Smith but they have been bred by Will Marrow for 4 generations.

How long is the laying season for ameraucanas? Also i have always heard of wheaten splash ameraucanas does anyone have pictures of their hens and/or roosters that are wheaten splash? I would be interested in a breeder that not only breeds for egg color but laying ability and like pasofinos "heavy" because in our farm we like to have heavy geese and chickens for our consumption when they are already out of their laying season.

Quote:
They will lay year round as long as they have at least 14 hours of light.

Quote:
You are going to have one hard time trying to find a picture of a Splash Wheaten. I searched the internet for hours and hours and was only able to come up with one picture of a Splash Wheaten Rooster. I may still have it so if you email me at [email protected] I can reply with it if I do.

I just put my females in breeding pens with the males on Saturday. If I get regularity with fertiflity tomorrow, I will be collecting eggs to mail out next week. I already have the first two dozen spoken for and I believe he is sending payment in the next day or two. If you are wanting Splash Wheatens I might be able to help you. I say "might" because I do not have a Splash yet. The best I could do is 50% Blue Wheaten, 25% Wheaten, 25% Splash Wheaten when I breed my BW to BW. Right now I have one Wheaten male in with a Wheaten female for 100% Wheaten and I've got one Wheaten male in with two BW females for 50/50 Wheaten & Blue Wheaten as the gentleman who buying the eggs from me wants about 50/50. I am hoping to get a nice Splash rooster of my own this year and I'll keep a pullet or two as well if I can. That way I'll have even more control on the results of my breeding.

Quote:
I am breeding for APA SOP's and egg color primarily. I'm breeding LF and trying to stay toward the upper end of the weight scale. My birds are laying just about 1 per day so I'm happy with that but will be keeping an eye out for that as I progress in my breeding and culling.

God Bless,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom