Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanoonatook

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 29, 2018
Iris.jpg
Hi there! I purchased this beauty as an Ameraucana pullet (1 day old) on 3/15/18. "Her" name is Iris and I believe "she" is considered some variation of blue coloring. Out of the 9 chicks that I purchased (5 different breeds), she has grown faster and was the heaviest bird with the most difficulty flying up to the edge of the brooder box. Her feet have been much bigger than everyone else's. Her Ameraucana "sister" is smaller and more petite looking. I'm curious if anyone sees any Rooster traits that you can teach me about in the picture and whether you know what this color is called. I realize that an Ameraucana can be an Easter Egger or something else, not really concerned about the breed. But I've heard that these breeds of roosters can be quite aggressive and Iris seems really quiet, calm, and introverted so far. "Her" sister Flossy is very different, she's the life of the party and loves to snuggle. :) Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:
Hi there! I purchased this beauty as an Ameraucana pullet (1 day old) on 3/15/18. "Her" name is Iris and I believe "she" is considered some variation of blue coloring. Out of the 9 chicks that I purchased (5 different breeds), she has grown faster and was the heaviest bird with the most difficulty flying up to the edge of the brooder box. Her feet have been much bigger than everyone else's. Her Ameraucana "sister" is smaller and more petite looking. I'm curious if anyone sees any Rooster traits that you can teach me about in the picture and whether you know what this color is called. I realize that an Ameraucana can be an Easter Egger or something else, not really concerned about the breed. But I've heard that these breeds of roosters can be quite aggressive and Iris seems really quiet, calm, and introverted so far. "Her" sister Flossy is very different, she's the life of the party and loves to snuggle. :) Thanks for your thoughts!

is a easter egger sorry but bit to early for me to tell

Back
Top Bottom