Ameraucana Cross Sex- Which is which?

if you correctly wing sex most breeds, it is a 100% lucky shot. There are a lot of variables that make wing sexing not accurate in the slightest. This doesn't apply to all breeds, but most.

Second, and I am shocked no one has said this yet, these aren't ameraucanas. They, are a mixed breed. Ameraucanas have very specific allowable appearance standards peacombs, muffs and beards, plumage patterns and colors, etc. The absence of any of those attributes means it is a mix or Easter Egger. Since these don't even have a peacomb, I'd call them a mid opposed to an Easter Egger.

And I concur with fluffy - both are cockerels.
It's hard to see in the pictures, but the gray one has a full beard. I know for a fact that the dad is an Ameraucana because he was the only rooster in the group. Now that being said, these chicks are an extremely watered down Ameraucana mix, but that's why I listed them like that.

And for the red comb, their mom is shown in the one picture and her comb is super red too so that's why I was like well...? Wishful thinking I suppose. Doesn't matter to me regardless though - they're all super sweet birds and will stay in a loving home.

Back
Top Bottom