ameraucana i would say, what do you think and sex please?

Loretta212

Songster
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Meriden ct
i got these "hens" for free when they were about a month old im sure I have roos as well and was told they are EES i think they look like ameraucanas

107824_am9.jpg

107824_am8.jpg

107824_am7.jpg

107824_am6.jpg

107824_am5.jpg

107824_am4.jpg

107824_am3.jpg

107824_am2.jpg

107824_am1.jpg

...I see several that look like roosters. Most of them seem to have saddle feathers, but it is hard to tell cause it looks like they are missing tail feathers and wing tips...how old are they now?

about 4-5 months i have a white hen (dont know what kind LOL another freebie) that pulls out tail feathers and they have clipped wings at the moment (not my doing!)no one has tried to crow either
hmm.png
hmm no clue lol

all i see are roos...that might be why they were free they are roosters

pic 6 has nothing but roosters in the pic

the only true hen i see is the golden laced one and possably the white one the rest are roos

Last edited:
Looks like you have a splash, and maybe a blue hen. Most look like roosters.
The one blue that looks like a hen is in the first picture, the one off to the side
And you might have a black hen also, the one facing away in the picture with the 2 blacks.

Last edited:
some crow at a week old while some wont ever crow if there is another dom. roo in the pen.

around 5-6 months maybe later than that

Quote:
x2--I see no hen except the GL and they are ameraucanas and are going to start crowing REALLY soon!

Also-whomever it was that gave you FREE hens--knew they weren't hens.. and gave them away in a hurry!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom