Ameraucana Rooster?

Looks like this guy.:old PEEPSINWATER.JPG

I have several votes for pullet and one for cockerel. For those in the know—can you help educate me on HOW you came to your conclusion? I have several Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers so it would help to better understand the sexing!
On blue birds, a patchy, uneven color is an indicator of a cockerel. The comb is largish and pretty red for that bird's age. The stance looks male, with the high shoulders, sloping back, and low angled tail. These are the reasons I am guessing cockerel for this bird, but until you see male feathering it is not sure and could still be a pullet. We all just give our best opinions when sexing birds, in many cases. There is nothing definite with this bird yet.

On blue birds, a patchy, uneven color is an indicator of a cockerel. The comb is largish and pretty red for that bird's age. The stance looks male, with the high shoulders, sloping back, and low angled tail. These are the reasons I am guessing cockerel for this bird, but until you see male feathering it is not sure and could still be a pullet. We all just give our best opinions when sexing birds, in many cases. There is nothing definite with this bird yet.
That’s really helpful. I have suspected cockerel for awhile but I go back and forth. She/he just looks different than the others!

That’s really helpful. I have suspected cockerel for awhile but I go back and forth. She/he just looks different than the others!
I'm guessing you're on the right track, then. You'll be in here helping others with determining gender for their birds in no time, and the more of us the merrier!

Back
Top Bottom