Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks

Huskybrown321

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2024
1000006596.jpg
1000006597.jpg
I have these chicks that I have been stressing over as far as the sex. There are 4 that are almost 5 weeks old now and the little one at the bottom of 1st picture is only just under 3 weeks. I see everyone noticing a huge difference in pullet and cockerels by 3 or 4 weeks old but I'm stumped.. the 2 little red cochins are also only 2½ weeks, so not worried yet..i just don't want ALL my bantams to be roosters. I also have 5 OEGB and their combs were obviously there by 3 weeks, as well as my brahma and australorp cockerels showing by 4 weeks... any advise or educated guesses since this is my first go round with d'uccle. Thank you!

I think you may have one cockerel, in the middle of the first picture and on the ground in the second picture. It seems to have a larger comb than the others.

The Cochins are too young, but they appear to be partridge Cochins, and you can tell those when the breast feathers come in. Only males will have black breast feathers. Females will not.

I think you may have one cockerel, in the middle of the first picture and on the ground in the second picture. It seems to have a larger comb than the others.

The Cochins are too young, but they appear to be partridge Cochins, and you can tell those when the breast feathers come in. Only males will have black breast feathers. Females will not.
Thank you..i was thinking I might be lucky enough to have at least 2 girls.. the other mille fluer, porcelain, & the cochins are all too young yet but that knowledge you bestowed is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom