Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

SullyD- they both look like boys to me. The lav (?) does have appear to have some skinny legs though, so I could be wrong.

Well I thought I would add to the thread.

I just got a 3.5 month old blue ameraucana cockerelfrom sunnyside up micro farm. And I love him. So far he has no problem with me holding him and gets along great with all my chickens. They range from 8 weeks to 5 weeks so not much age difference. Some bantams and full size. any ways here he is don't mind me holding him. Daughter holding a 5week bantam cochin. Son in second pic just posing with me cause he wanted to be in a pic lol.

That is a nice cockerel. However, I do not recommend holding them and trying to make pets of them. They tend to lose their fear of people and can eventually end up attacking.

That is a nice cockerel. However, I do not recommend holding them and trying to make pets of them. They tend to lose their fear of people and can eventually end up attacking.
Is this just an ameraucana thing? Do they tend to be more "aggressive"? I have always handled my roos and they are all sweeties
hu.gif
But i've never had an adult ameraucana roo, just this little baby(s) I have now. My Polish rooster is a big sweetie, I made sure to let him know who is boss right from the get go.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom