Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hi all,

I'm reposting 3 pics of my 23 week old Wheaten cockerel (without all the other pics) in hopes that someone can give me some feedback about his good and bad qualities. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I was going to recommend Cree Farms for BBS, but they are not breeding poultry right now. She, on her site, recommended bellyacresfarm, but their web account has been suspended. They apparently have the same line of Ameraucanas as the Crees. The woman's email is [email protected], though, per Cree's site. I have Cree Farms Ameraucanas and they are fabulous, or were at the time. You'd have to investigate and see if they have the blacks separated.

Last edited:
I don't have black separate, but I do have eggs on ebay right now. The hens are black and blue and the rooster is blue. The black hen was reserve champion at the wi internationals. (sanctioned show-2300 entries)

I have looked into it and I really want to get purebred Ameracaunas this coming spring. I found a reputable breeder that ships chicks and he lives in my state, no more than two or three hours away. I have read a lot about him and his birds and everything seems to be great! He sells black, silver and buff and has lavender as a "project color" I think. His name is John Belhm, anyone heard of him?

I have looked into it and I really want to get purebred Ameracaunas this coming spring. I found a reputable breeder that ships chicks and he lives in my state, no more than two or three hours away. I have read a lot about him and his birds and everything seems to be great! He sells black, silver and buff and has lavender as a "project color" I think. His name is John Belhm, anyone heard of him?

Yes. You will do fine to order from him.

I think just about everyone here has heard if him. I would order from him without a second thought.

Last edited:
Hello! I have a question, I have a ( i think she's about 6 or 6 and a half months old) Black Ameraucana, today i found a egg in the nesting box that was about 1/3 of a inch by 1/3 of a inch ( it looked like i had been layed by a small Sparrow!) and i think it's my Ameraucana's egg but it's not blue. Will she lay blue eggs or just light brown ones??

Hello! I have a question, I have a ( i think she's about 6 or 6 and a half months old) Black Ameraucana, today i found a egg in the nesting box that was about 1/3 of a inch by 1/3 of a inch ( it looked like i had been layed by a small Sparrow!) and i think it's my Ameraucana's egg but it's not blue. Will she lay blue eggs or just light brown ones??
Eggshell color will not change.What your hen laid is sometimes called a peanut egg.A small piece of tissue flakes off and some eeg white is added and a shell.

Back
Top Bottom